Friday, September 4, 2009

First Sponsor- Yeoman Organics!


The Red Topaz is proud to introduce her first sponsor, Yeoman Organics! This San Francisco based clothing company was born to counteract the apparel industry's ambivalence towards organics as a superior method for making garments.

"We are rogues in the apparel world, going organic and local from the get-go. Yeoman is a lifestyle. It means to work hard at a worthy endeavor and to succeed. We will work like yeomen to bring organics into fashion."

I'd say their goal as a clothing company is similar to that of the "slow food" movement, which is something I appreciate and admire. I also adore their leaf icon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrin,

    thanks for the sweetest comment you left on my blog :)

    i'm so flattered by your kind words :)

    first of all, congrats on creating your new blog! it's always intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite fun and does easily become integrated into your life!

    my advice to you is comment, comment, comment on other people's blogs! that way they'll know you exist. i spent basically the first three weeks talking to myself. i just expected people to somehow stumble upon it and then automatically fall in love with it. the way my blog grew was from commenting on other people's blogs, developing sort of a relationship w/ them...you comment on theirs and they comment on yours and you sort of get to know each other better...meanwhile other people on their blog may see your comments and decide to stop by and take a visit. and then it just grows from there...

    and if you run into someone who doesn't reply to comments, one sure way to force them over to your blog is to ask a question...that'll give them no choice but to visit, and who knows, they might just end up loving it! anywhoo...that's just a little trick i picked up on my own.

    if you need anymore advice/help, you can always email me: thedrifterandthegypsy@yahoo.com
    OR
    comment on my blog!

    I'll add you to my blog roll too! Oh, which reminds me, it's important to ask to exchange links if you like a blog and/or see a blog that looks like a similar concept as yours.

    Hope this helps!

    Take care dear,
    Micaela

    ReplyDelete