Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stephen Wiltshire

The other day I came across this story about Stephen Wiltshire, an autistic artist who has mastered drawing and painting cityscapes from memory. Wiltshire was invited to leave his hometown of London, and come to New York to draw a panorama of the city. He drew an accurate, detailed panorama of New York on a 18x3 foot canvas after taking a brief twenty minute helicopter ride over the city. This piece can be found in London along with several other panoramas the the same magnitude. Savantism is very interesting... makes me think back to Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man.

It's hard to see pictures of Venice without getting incredibly nostalgic, but this is one of my favorites. Please visit Stephen Wiltshire's site! I recommend watching the videos.
Photobucket


ps- I've decided the script font I've been using is too much for post content. Stay tuned for more changes.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard about him! Or at least a man like him. In the drawings I saw they were of Italy I think!

    ReplyDelete