Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sujan Stevens Delights

Sufjan Stevens I was elated to discover that, after being under the radar for quite some time, Sufjan Stevens has released a new EP, All Delighted People.

I applaud Sufjan for being able to write musically interesting pieces, while steering away from pretentious and esoteric qualities. This is something I struggle with endlessly when writing music. I personally feel that original music should challenge the listener while still being scrutable. Also, original compositions should always reflect the culmination of your artistic experiences- it's what makes it yours. But these thoughts could definitely differ from composer to composer!

The array of acoustic instruments and co-ed choir used in this EP renders an uplifting, raw sound. I definitely recommend this for some end-of-summer listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment