Thursday, August 6, 2009

Public Enemies Costumes

public enemies
I recently saw Public Enemies, because how could I miss anything Johnny Depp? What kept me on the edge of my seat was not the action, though. It was the costumes. WOW. Pencil skirts, double-breasted trench coats, fedoras, pin-striped suits... they all go so well with Tommy Guns! If only I could get that soft, wavy, bobbed hair style that the women of the 30's sported ever so gracefully. But with Asian hair, that will never happen.

The pictures below were made possible by Colleen Atwood- head costume designer. She's won two Oscars for Memoirs of the Geisha and Chicago. In addition, she's done many Tim Burton films AND.... the upcoming NINE! (see previous post) I wish people still dressed like this.


public enemies
public enemies
public enemies
public enemies
public enemies
public enemies
public enemies
public enemies

No comments:

Post a Comment