Sunday, June 7, 2009

Limber de coco

I came across this tasty summer treat on thenoshery.com: Limber de coco, a cinnamon coconut cream popsicle from Puerto Rico. I'm a big fan of this site despite my un-brag-worthy skills in the kitchen. You would think someone who loves food as much as I do would be a genius chef. Oh, well... I'm working on it. At least these small simplicities are easy to make.

The recipe says the shredded coconut is optional, but I say its mandatory. Also, the more cinnamon the better. Mmmmm, yes. I love summer.

1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 can coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg yolk
Cinammon to taste
1/2 cup of shredded coconut (optional)

Directions

Mix evaporated milk, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and cinammon in a bowl. Add additional sugar and cinnamon to taste.

Pour into popsicle molds.

Freeze and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment