Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky


I got inspired to learn about my favorite couturière, Coco Chanel, after seeing the film, Coco Before Chanel the other day. I went to the bookstore in search of her biography (which they didn't have... Amazon, here I come) and came across this book: Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh. I had to do a double take when I saw this title. I had no idea that Chanel and Stravinsky's paths even crossed. Stravinsky is one of my favorite composers, and one of my biggest influences. This book is about their collaboration, their relationship, and their passion for creative endeavors. These two gallant figures together is overwhelming! Read a synopsis by the Washington Times here. Did I mention that it is also a feature film? It debuted at Cannes 2009, but I couldn't find details on the US release dates...

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read this... my older friend from england in her 70's used to work for Coco way long ago. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete